Surrey Police and the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey are teaming up to hold a series of public engagement events in every borough and district across the county.
The ‘Policing Your Community’ events are an opportunity for residents to come and speak to Surrey Police’s Temporary Chief Constable Gavin Stephens and Police and Crime Commissioner David Munro as well as hear from their local Borough Commander.
The Chief Constable will give an update on the current challenges for policing and future plans for the service in Surrey whilst local Borough Commanders will update on the policing priorities and community issues in your area.
This is your chance to ask questions, hear about, and comment on, the future of policing in Surrey including an outline of plans for the 100 extra officers, operational staff and Police Community Support Officers to come from additional council tax funding.
T/Chief Constable Gavin Stephens said: “We want to deliver the best possible policing service in Surrey and it is extremely important our residents are involved in understanding and shaping how we do this. These events are a great opportunity to get those conversations going and we really want to talk to as many people as possible so please do register for your local event and come along to see us.”
PCC David Munro said: “Residents regularly tell me how much they value policing in their local area and it is really important to me that we involve the Surrey public in our plans for the future through events like this. This year’s council tax increase has given Surrey Police the opportunity to employ an extra 100 officers and operational staff and I look forward to hearing the views of our local communities on the proposals for their deployment.”
The first event will take place in Waverley on Thursday 21st March at Rodborough School in Milford starting from 7pm.
Other confirmed dates are:
- 2nd April – Surrey Heath: Gordon’s School, West End, Bisley – 7pm
- 3rd April - Mole Valley: Dorking Halls, Reigate Road, Dorking – 7pm
- 8th April – Runnymede: Chertsey Hall, Heriot Road, Chertsey– 7pm
- 11th April – Spelthorne: The Greeno Centre, Glebeland Gardens, Shepperton -7pm
- 24th April - Reigate and Banstead: The Warwick School, Noke Drive, Redhill - 7pm
- 8th May – Guildford: The Ash Centre, Ash Hill Road, Ash – 7pm
- 9th May – Elmbridge: Xcel Leisure Centre, Waterside Drive, Walton-on-Thames – 7pm
- 14th May –Woking: Bishop David Brown School, Albert Drive, Woking - 6:30pm
Event dates for Tandridge and Epsom and Ewell will be confirmed in due course.
If you are unable to attend any of the events in person there will be an opportunity to participate in an Online Q&A session with the Chief Constable and PCC once all the events have been held.
All events are free but please book to reserve your place by visiting:
We look forward to seeing you.